Harrisburg Sex Crimes Attorney
Protect Yourself from a Devastating Sexual Assault Conviction
Few charges are as harmful to a person’s reputation as a sex crime. An allegation alone can almost instantly tarnish a person’s good name, and a conviction can make it virtually impossible to carry out a healthy, successful life. If you were arrested for a sex crime, it is crucial that you immediately begin building a strong case in protection of your future. At the Dorward Law Firm, our Harrisburg sex crime lawyer is here to help you.
What Constitutes a Sex Crime in Pennsylvania?
Any time a person is forced to engage in a sexual act, it can be charged as a sex crime, though the definition is loose. A conviction of indecent exposure, for example, could result in that person having to register as a sex offender. No matter how mild the charge you face may be, it is crucial that you have help from an experienced Harrisburg lawyer who can help you.
The Dorward Law Firm can work with you to defend against crimes such as:
- Sexual assault - Any physical contact of a sexual nature that happens without consent of the victim
- Prostitution - Having Sex in exchange for monetary compensation
- Solicitation - Hiring someone to have engage in a sexual activity
- Rape - Engaging in sexual intercourse by forcible compulsion, by threatening force, or with someone who is unable to consent
Building a Strong Defense
In the United States, each person is considered innocent until proven guilty. While your prosecutors may use many different reasons to emphasize why you should be put away, the Dorward Law Firm can help to tell your side of the story and maximize your chances at a favorable outcome.
We may be able to help prove that:
- The accuser gave their consent: In cases of assault or rape, people sometimes feel differently about a situation after it passes. We can work to demonstrate that you did not force them into anything.
- You were not present at the scene of the crime: With DNA testing and other evidence, we may be able to help you prove that you could not have been the person to commit this crime.
- Your accuser is not credible: Often times, our clients have retaliation scenarios that result in unlawful arrest because of dishonesty and lying on behalf of the accuser. We will make sure any and all credibility issues are brought to the surface.
In all legal situations, time is key. Call the Dorward Law Firm now and schedule your free consultation. With the right planning, we may be able to negotiate a plea deal to help you avoid harsh sentencing.