ProstitutionFighting to Protect Your Rights
Harrisburg Prostitution Lawyer
Defending Those Who Have Been Accused Of Prostitution in Pennsylvania
At The Dorward Law Firm, our team is committed to providing comprehensive legal representation to individuals facing prostitution charges in Pennsylvania. If you or a loved one is entangled in a prostitution case, it is essential to understand the legal nuances and potential consequences associated with such allegations. Our Harrisburg prostitution lawyer is here to guide you through this challenging time, offering you the best possible defense to protect your rights and future.
Call The Dorward Law Firm today at (717) 429-0411 or contact us online to schedule a consultation with our prostitution attorney in Harrisburg.
What is Prostitution?
Prostitution, under Pennsylvania law, is defined as the exchange of sexual services for money or another form of compensation. This offense encompasses various activities, such as soliciting sex for money, engaging in sexual acts in exchange for payment, or facilitating prostitution through a brothel or escort service.
What are the Penalties for Prostitution in Pennsylvania?
Pennsylvania imposes stringent penalties for prostitution-related offenses, which can have a lasting impact on your life. Understanding the potential consequences is essential when facing these charges. The penalties for prostitution in Pennsylvania include:
- Misdemeanor Charges: Prostitution is typically classified as a misdemeanor offense in Pennsylvania. If convicted, you could face up to one year in county jail and fines of up to $2,500.
- Promotion of Prostitution: Engaging in activities that promote prostitution, such as running a brothel or managing an escort service, can lead to felony charges. If convicted, you may face significant fines and several years of imprisonment.
- Solicitation: Soliciting prostitution, which involves attempting to engage in sexual activity in exchange for money, can result in a misdemeanor charge. Penalties could include jail time, fines, and mandatory education or rehabilitation program participation.
- Undercover Operations: Law enforcement agencies often conduct undercover operations to catch individuals involved in prostitution. If you are caught in a sting operation, it can lead to serious legal consequences.
- Lifetime Consequences: A prostitution conviction can also have long-lasting consequences, including damage to your reputation, difficulty finding employment, and challenges in personal relationships.
Defenses Against Prostitution Charges
Some common defenses against prostitution charges may include the following:
- Lack of Evidence: We can examine the evidence against you to determine any weaknesses or inconsistencies in the prosecution's case.
- Entrapment: If law enforcement agents used entrapment tactics to induce you into committing a prostitution-related offense, we could argue that your actions resulted from coercion and not your own free will.
- Constitutional Violations: We can ensure that your constitutional rights have not been violated during the investigation or arrest process.
- Mistaken Identity: If you were wrongly identified as a participant in prostitution-related activities, we can work to prove your innocence.
- Negotiation: In some cases, we may be able to negotiate a plea deal or reduced charges that mitigate the potential consequences you face.
Contact Our Prostitution Attorney in Harrisburg Today
If you are facing prostitution charges in Pennsylvania, taking immediate action is crucial to safeguard your rights and future. Our Harrisburg prostitution lawyer at The Dorward Law Firm is here to provide you with the legal guidance and representation you need during this challenging time. Your future is too important to leave to chance—let us fight for your rights and freedom.
Contact The Dorward Law Firm today to get started with our Harrisburg prostitution lawyer.
- Removal From Sex Offender Registration Juvenile Subject to Lifetime Sex Offender Registration
- Success on Appeal Homicide by Vehicle While DUI
- Charges Dismissed Felony Drug
- Charges Dismissed DUI Charges for CDL driver
- Charges Dismissed Driving Under Suspension DUI Related
We are specifically trained in DUI defense. Visit our bio to learn more!
We offer payment plans for your convenience.
Over 10 years of legal experience defending the accused.
We make ourselves available whenever you need us.